[aida] New Aida website online

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Jan 22 22:49:09 CET 2008

Dear all,

Its my pleasure to announce a new website based on Aida and forthcoming
Scribo:

	http://www.nets.si

This is a website of a Slovenian management consulting company, which is
also my close partner. They can now of course edit an maintain content
by themselves.

Site is designed by designer and what is interesting to mention is how
this design was put into Aida app classes. Namely, a design is done old
fashioned way, with levels and levels of tables and just short CSS.
Therefore just opposite as Aida expects.

So what I did? I just started cutting the HTML into a chunks and put
them in separate methods, by simply using #addText: . That way I managed
to "componentize" a page into a hierarchy of elements, each one in a
separate method. Later I started putting some dynamics into each one,
like menu, content to become editable etc.

I also introduce a new concept of "includes" (hmm how to better name
that, maybe scriblets?). If you insert {#methodName} anywhere in a
content , this #methodName will be called in the context of current App
and returning element will replace the include in a content. That way
you can provide many scriblets to the user an he can then combine them
with the other content at his will. This is kind of templating, but not
from HTML page but directly from website content!

Well, good start of this year, a 5th website in a first month :) And I
spent 2 days only...

JAnko