[aida] [Scribo] Backup feature

Nicolas Petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 08:31:36 CET 2008

Hi all,

I'm currently testing the squeak version of Scribo.
As soon as I can, I will put the code on the repository, with public
access rights, so everyone who wants to help will be welcome.

But first I need to make the unit tests pass!

There is a backup feature in Scibo (class Repository). But the VW code
uses UnixProcess and BOSS. As in Aida, I thing we could use
FileStream>>fileOutClass:andObject: instead of BOSS. UnixProcess is used
to make a tar file. But in Squeak we need OSProcess, a separate package.

I tried the tar file, and the size is almost the same.

So I think we could remove methods using UnixProcess, and simply use
binary files. Also renaming #bossFromFileSite: to #backupFromFileSite:
and #bossToFIle to #backupToFile would make sens (in both VW and Squeak
version of course).

What do you think ?

Cheers!

Nicolas