[aida] Class name prefix should be added to Squeak version?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Jan 16 15:38:19 CET 2008

Well, I had a bad feeling that a name clash will happen, but not so soon.

Aida has most classes already prefixed with Web (WebSession, WebElement
etc.) which is just natural for a web framework and you hardly noticed
that. I usually don't like prefixes like WA and similar, they just don't
sound well and spoil a natural language feeling of Smalltalk.

In case of Address and other in Party/Role framework, those classes were
added later when VW already had namespaces and I stoped caring about
such slashes. But now with proting to other Smalltalks we need to take
care of them again.

So, I propose to rename just those classes to something nice sounding
and not far from their intention, as it was in case of Web prefix. And
the same for Scribo classes too!

Any ideas about how to prefix all those classes?

Janko