[aida] International Urls (was URL resolution patch)

Masashi UMEZAWA masashi.umezawa at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 15:20:08 CET 2008

Hi Janko,

> As you know the Url resolution in Aida is two way, one from url to
> domain object, another from object to url. Second one is needed for
> auto-url generation on web pages with just pointing to domain object
> (#addLinkTo: anObject). And if domain object implements method
> #preferedUrl, you can suggest Url here. Obviously you can suggest
> international one too, but I'm not yet sure if this works. So Masashi
> please try this too.

Greatly, it just works. I've tested domain object links by "Address
Book" example.
(Please see the attached file).

It is quite understandable because AIDASite class >>convertToWeb:on:
is called for generating href stirng (Smalltalk m17n string is
converted to UTF-8 encoded string). Since the returned html includes
content type header, (="text/html; charset=UTF-8"), web browser can
interpret the the string as UTF-8. When the link is clicked, the
browser encode the href string to URI encoded one. (And AIDA decode it
for further processing...)

Cheers,
--
[:masashi | ^umezawa]