[aida] Statistics

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jan 4 15:17:18 CET 2008

Hi Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:

> http://www.cincomsmalltalk.com/userblogs/ost/blogView?showComments=true&entry=3346670023
>
> is about GeoLocation for IP Addresses. I will try this tomorrow and keep
> you posted...

This one is on-line service, which will probably be too slow. I'm
thinking about a library, which can be installed on server and called
locally via FFI/DLLCC. And location/language should be determined only
once (lazily at the first use) and stored in a session. There are
already instvars for language and country. Also not that language can be
  guessed from web request's header Accept-language.

I already looked on free library GeoIP from http://www.maxmind.com/.