[aida] Statistics

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jan 3 23:32:11 CET 2008

Hi Dirk,

Dirk Verleysen wrote:
> I have the impression that this list has been very silent for the last
> month. First of all I want to wish all the AIDA/Web Smalltalkers the
> very best for 2008.

Well, probably everyone had something to finish as I did until the end
of year?

> Is there a way to capture the IP addresses of the people who visit your
> site ? Right now I only see counters in the statistics part but I would
> like to get more data like for instance the country the visitor is from
> and the browser he is using.

You can get a peer address from aHTTPRequest peer (or anApp lastRequest
peer).

What will be nice is to add countries to real-time statistics. This
could be done by introducing a Geo-location service to Aida. Like
http://www.geobytes.com/ maybe? Geo-location service is also very
important for determination of user's language, which is needed for
localization and i8n services. That's also on my wish list.

Another thing, long time in my wish list is logging of web requests in
Swazoo to a log file, in the same format as Apache do. Then can you
analyze your logs with any log analyzer you want.

Best regards
JAnko