[aida] Which Smalltalk dialects to support?

Germán Arduino garduino at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 17:43:51 CEST 2014

Interesting question, even when I think that you forgot one dialect:
Cuis-Smalltalk.

I ported version 6.5 and I had not time still to end the 6.6 version port,
but I would like to use Aida in Cuis more than in any other Smalltalk.

Cuis is small, compact, fast, and it's a very good option to run web
applications. (Swazoo and Sport are currently also ported and updated).

Ending the 6.6 version port is the #1 task in my Cuis related to-do list
but I'm failing in get enough free time to make it reality :(

> Hi all,
>
> Aida on which Smalltalk dialects you are:
>
>   - personally interested in?
>   - you see as worth supporting it?
>   - can offer help maintaining it?
>
> Dialects:
>
>   - Squeak
>   - Pharo
>   - Gemstone
>   - VisualWorks
>   - ObjectStudio
>   - Dolphin
>   - VA Smalltalk
>   - Smalltalk/X
>
> Thanks for your opinion in advance. It will help deciding where to put
> much effort porting Aida in the future.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> --