[aida] Twitter Bootstrap

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Oct 17 14:23:13 CEST 2012

Hi Gastón,

Dne 17. 10. 2012 14:05, piše Gastón Dall' Oglio:

> One sugestion, IMHO is a good idea wrapping css classes into extension
> methods, like "e table beStriped" or "e table tbBeStriped" (Tb for
> TwitterBootstrap). First, TB developers can to change named of css
> classes then you decrease the impact  needed in the image to adapt.
> Second, you can used autocomplete in the image to find these wrapped
> methods.

Good idea! Such methods already got useful in my recent AidaMobile work
where jQuery Mobile is used. This framework namely uses CSS class and
'data-*' attributes extensively. Without covering them with Smalltalk
methods the code would be really ugly.

One more question: where to put them, as an extension/override of
WebElement in BootstrapLibrary? WebElement has too many methods already,
it would be really good to put them somewhere else.

Naming is another question: #beStripped or just #stripped? twBeStripped
or tbStripped seems too ugly to me .... I'm actively avoiding such
namespacing for classes, so I really don't like to make the code even
more dirty with namespacing the methods too.

> #beStriped
>    self class: #'table-striped'
>
> my 2 cents.
>
> Regards.
>
> PS: I have not had time to take a look at yet to Aida and Scribo.

So we will to the best that Aida will be even more worth trying when
you'll have time ;)

> 2012/10/15 Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek na eranova.si
> <mailto:janko.mivsek na eranova.si>>
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     In Aida 6.5 there is Twitter Bootstrap CSS framework present, in
>     BootstrapLibrary under Aida-Libraries. It would be very nice if we
>     redesign default Aida style (look&feel) under this CSS framework,
>     because its design is nice and fresh.
>
>     More about Twitter Bootstrap:
>     http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/
>
>     How to use it in Aida:
>
>      - make new style class by sublcassing WebStyle
>      - call 'BootstrapLibrary ensure' from some layout method, like well
>        known #pageFrameWith:title:
>      - use Bootstrap CSS classes in your elements, like:
>
>             e table class: #'table-striped'.
>

>     Have someone some time to start such a redesign?
>
>     Best regards
>     Janko

Aida/Web