[aida] WebForm>>superform:

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Nov 13 11:04:30 CET 2012

Hi Dirk,

Dne 13. 11. 2012 10:52, piše Dirk Verleysen:

> I've changed the creation of the header so my tabs work again, but I
> still have a somewhat unstable version right now.
>
> Could the WebForm>>superform: method be a reason that my test site seems
> to be hanging ?  Any reason why you open the debugger ?

Ups, sorry for nonaswering so far.

WebForm>>superForm is here to deal with form hierarchy, that is, forms
can have also embedded subforms in Aida, but this is not allowed in
plain HTML. That's why we need to deal with that hierarchy separately
and here why a superform backlink is needed.

Some more rules:

- if you submit a form, fields in all subforms down in hierarchy are
  submitted too.
- any subform can be submitted separately
- in that case an Ajax submit, not normal one, is used. Normal one is
  used only on whole page's form
- every widget has its own form and when you add a widget to page,
  widget's form become a main page's subform.
- so, if you build a hierarchy of widgets, you build a form hierarchy
  as well.

To help you, can you replicate your case by changing the demo code in
WebDemoApp>>viewWidgets and its methods , where such form hierarchy is
shown in practice?

Aida/Web