[aida] JS lib for autocomplete and in-place editing fields?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jul 6 20:49:31 CEST 2012

Hi Martin,

On 06. 07. 2012 12:30, Martin Polák wrote:

> this isn't that easy. It looks, like vast majority of JS developers is using jQuery or something similar. I found some projects, but almost unmaintained IMO. For autocomplete http://www.codeproject.com/Articles/8020/Auto-complete-Control but 7 years old. In Safari on Mac works fine. In-place editing http://tool-man.org/examples/edit-in-place.html (inactive since 2005) and http://dbachrach.com/blog/2007/01/create-flickr-like-editing-fields-using-ajax-css/ (5 years old).

I noticed that oldiness too. So far I came already quite far with jQuery
UI Autocomplete widget and it seems will fit nicelly in Aida event
framework, so let me see if this will be ok, for now.

But do we need in-place editing? Is it good UX design pattern?

Why you think it won't be good UX? I'm using in-plce editing quite
extensivelly so I need to find some non-prototype replacement, maybe
jQuery based for start....

Aida/Web