[aida] Aida ToDo example - does not run out of the box

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jan 26 21:35:41 CET 2012

Hi David,

First let me welcome to the list!

I just published a new AidaToDoExample, se please repeat loading it by
the script.

Problem was that widgets in ToDo example were not yet adapted to
improved widget support in Aida 6.4 . More exactly, a TodoTaskWidget was
built by #initialize before the instvars were set in class #newForAdd
method. Now this #new method is patched to call #basicNew instead, set
instvars then call #initialize.

Thanks for reporting it and I hope it will now go.

S, David Jacobs piše:
> Hi,
>
> New to SmallTalk but eager to learn. I tried the ToDo example
> (http://www.aidaweb.si/todo-description) but it failed to run.
>
> I've a fresh installed Pharo (OneClick) v. 1.3-13315.
> I loaded Aida & the AidaTodoExample as mentioned on the webpage.
> Going to http://localhost:8888/ works fine.
> Going to http://localhost:8888/todo gives an error: http://imgur.com/kJto2
>
> Any clues?
> Wild guess: Does "task" need to be initialized somewhere?
>
> Kind regards,
> - david

Aida/Web