[aida] Aida comprehensive documentation: a newbie experience

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Tue Jul 26 17:20:18 CEST 2011

Hi again,

I just want to say to you that my suspicious was correct, when I said:

El 26/07/11 09:46, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas escribió:
[...]
> So, I'm suspicious about if all the code that appears in the Address
> Book example is all what is supposed to be filled or if sentences like:
>
> "create accessors and mutators for all instvars in class ADemoAddress"
>
> suppose to fill in something more in the browser that a knowledgeable
> people should know but the newbie don't (the first sentence like that
> created 3 instance methods for ADemoAddressBook).

[...]

So, effectively create accessors and mutators need a more detailed
explanation for me. I get the clue following the Seaside Tutorial, when
it says:

"
it is highly recommended that you perform automatic creation of instance
variable accessors. One possible way to do this in Squeak is to use the
context menu on a class among the entry more.... There, you can find
create inst var accessors. Select this command to have all accessors
created. In different browsers or environments, this feature may be
accessed differently, so consult your system documentation in case you
are not using Squeak and its standard browser. When all else fails, you
will have to use hand-written accessor methods.
"

Notice that this kind of constant comparison with Seaside is just for
the sake of saying how can the documentation of Aida be written so a
newbie can get more with this framework easily.

Now I have my first ordered collection filled in the address book
example and I'm ready to go for my first working url, but that will need
to wait until tonight.

Cheers,

Offray