[aida] Aida comprehensive documentation: a newbie experience

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Jul 25 23:06:41 CEST 2011

S, Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas piše:

> El 24/07/11 01:55, Geert Claes escribió:

>> Just out of curiosity, you seem to have tossed up between Seaside and AIDA,
>> what about Iliad?

> Documentation on Iliad seems even less comprehensive and addressed
> towards experienced people so I don't even try Illiad. Concepts between
> Aida and Illiad seem pretty similar and I'm curious about why Nicolas
> let their role as a core developer of Aida and went for its own
> framework. ¿Why the ideas of Illiad could no be implemented in Aida?

They actually are imeplemented, just look at the current bleeding edge
'e update' in Aida, this one was heavily influenced by #markDirty from
Iliad. And in accordance to the main principle of dialectics: thesis,
antithesis, synthesis, also enhanced into the next level. This is a way
of cooperation, cross-pollination if you like and it is working very
well between Aida and Iliad! I hope once Seasiders will join this party
too :)

Nico otherwise was too inpatient with his bag of ideas and rather to
wait Aida to implement it, it merge best ideas from Aida and Seaside in
Iliad instead. Well, as said we are merging now back :)

Aida/Web