[aida] New User Registration problem in Pharo1.2

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Thu Jul 7 14:45:38 CEST 2011

Thanks Janko.

It is the aspectAdaptor for the WebRegistrationApp password field which
fails the validationBlock: 'isSamePassword' test, even though the buffer
holds the correct value (and a 'passwords don't match' error message has
not been generated for the page). I have previously seen it with a
different field so I do not think it is directly related to the password
processing.

Later, I will try to find what the difference is between 1.1.1 and 1.2
that might cause this.

Nicholas

On 07/07/11 14:38, Janko Mivšek wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>
> So the problem is that the validation works in Pharo 1.1 but not anymore
> on Pharo? 1.2?
>
> I'll soon start syncing new Aida 6.3beta to Pharo (directly to 1.3), so
> let me investigate your problem then too. In a day or two..
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> S, Nicholas Moore piše:
>> I am having a problem with new user registration in the DemoApp using a
>> vanilla Pharo 1.2.1 with Aida 6.2 loaded (using ConfigurationOfAida).
>>
>> The WebForm fields fail the validation test:
>>
>> WebForm>>  save:
>>
>>      "save all changed form field values to the domain model. All values
>> must be valid unitl any value is saved.
>>      Raise error if any value is not validated. To avoid exception, check
>> with #isValid before!
>>      Save the subforms down in hierarchy as well"
>>      self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'form fields not all valid'].
>>      self allFields do: [:field | field save]. "only changed fields are
>> saved! See WebModelAdaptor save"
>>      self subforms do: [:each | each save]
>>
>> AidaModelAdaptor>>  save
>>
>>      self changed ifFalse: [^nil].
>>      self isValid ifFalse: [self error: 'value validation failed!'].
>> ***** This error then halts processing.
>>      self saveValue: self buffer.
>>      self resetChanged.
>>      self buffer: nil
>>
>> The AidaPharoOneClick for 1.2 also fails in the same place, during
>> WebForm validation.
>>
>> It works fine with Pharo 1.1.1 and Aida 6.2.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>>
>> --
>>
>> *Nicholas Moore
>>
>> *

*Nicholas Moore
Skype: tsr_nicholas

*Check out my Blog* <http://theacidtest.net>

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"*