[aida] AIDA and Squeak trunk

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Jan 10 18:25:25 CET 2011

Hi Janko,

JM> Yes, it seems that something is wrong with critical section support. At
JM> least what Edgar already confirmed - if you switch-off critical sections
in AIDASite>>>critical: , Aida works well again. Please try and let me know.

unless I misunderstood you, in AIDA6.1 that does not help because

AIDASite>>critical: aBlock is implemented as:

  ^WebTransactionMonitor critical: aBlock

which in turn is already deactivated with a Timestamp of JM 4/25/2007:
WebTransactionMonitor>>critical: aBlock
        "For protecting critical sections in parallel execution of web requests. Use it always
        when you do things, which cannot be disturbed by another request. Example:
                WebTransactionMonitor critical: [<a block with critical section>]. "

"       ^self lock critical: aBlock. "
        ^aBlock value "Semaphore critical: somehow don't work"

exactly the same with the beta including the fact that
SwazooAida demoStop makes the page appear.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net