[aida] [This clears up my problem very nicely]

Ching de la Serna ching.dls at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 12:17:31 CET 2011


Hi Janko,

The solution was very easy to spot by a pro but was not so obvious to one
like me. Thanks a lot. This brings me closer to learning more about Aida
which I think is a very powerful Web Framework, indeed. Thanks a lot.

Ching de la Serna

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 7:00 PM, <aida-request at aidaweb.si> wrote:

> Send Aida mailing list submissions to
>        aida at aidaweb.si
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        aida-request at aidaweb.si
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        aida-owner at aidaweb.si
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Aida digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. problem running the tutorial: MessageNotUnderstood:
>      ByteString: >>parent: (Ching de la Serna)
>   2. Re: problem running the tutorial: MessageNotUnderstood:
>      ByteString: >>parent: (Janko Miv?ek)
>   3. call/answer (Ching de la Serna)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 07:46:30 +0800
> From: Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com>
> Subject: [aida] problem running the tutorial: MessageNotUnderstood:
>        ByteString: >>parent:
> To: aida at aidaweb.si
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTinM1V=eLUm09LZmTBvzjUEuLzfUT+XUQPOfLN0O at mail.gmail.com<eLUm09LZmTBvzjUEuLzfUT%2BXUQPOfLN0O at mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to follow the Tutorial and have gotten as far as running the
> script on a WorkSpace. I tried removing this code from the script
> aDemoAddress
> parent: self and there is no error message. However, the Tutorial says it
> is
> _handy for something else later on so I don't know what to do next.
>
> Running this *Doit *on a workspace produces an error:
>
> book _ ADemoAddressBook new.
> book
>   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Sebastjan' surname: 'Dormir' phone:
> '01/514 33 66' email: 'sebastjan at something.si');
>   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'John' surname: 'Newton' phone:
> '05/555 77 66' email: 'john at something.si');
>   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Elizabeth' surname: 'Schneider'
> phone: '03/561 23 12' email: 'elizabeth at something.at').
>
> debugger:
> MessageNotUnderstood: ByteString: >>parent:
>
> addAddress: aDemoAddress
>
>           self addresses add: aDemoAddress.
>          aDemoAddress parent: self
>
> aDemoAddress:     'sebastjan at something.si'
>
>
> >
>
> Ching
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110104/815d9b99/attachment.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 01:06:00 +0100
> From: Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>
> Subject: Re: [aida] problem running the tutorial:
>        MessageNotUnderstood:   ByteString: >>parent:
> To: AIDA/Web general discussion list <aida at aidaweb.si>
> Message-ID: <4D226468.7040502 at eranova.si>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
>
> Hi Ching,
>
> How did you write acceessors and mutators for ADemoAddress?
>
>    ADemoAddress>>email
>        ^email
>
>    ADemoAddress>>email: aString
>        email := aString
>
> But you probably write mutator a wrong way:
>
>    ADemoAddress>>email: aString
>        ^email := aString
>
> In any case, try to use debugger next time to find such a mistake.
>
> Hope this helps
> Janko
>
>
>
>
> On 04. 01. 2011 00:46, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am trying to follow the Tutorial and have gotten as far as running the
> > script on a WorkSpace. I tried removing this code from the script
> > aDemoAddress parent: self and there is no error message. However, the
> > Tutorial says it is _handy for something else later on so I don't know
> > what to do next.
> >
> > Running this *Doit *on a workspace produces an error:
> >
> >     book _ ADemoAddressBook new.
> >     book
> >        addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Sebastjan' surname: 'Dormir'
> >     phone: '01/514 33 66' email: 'sebastjan at something.si
> >     <mailto:sebastjan at something.si>');
> >        addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'John' surname: 'Newton'
> >     phone: '05/555 77 66' email: 'john at something.si
> >     <mailto:john at something.si>');
> >        addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Elizabeth' surname:
> >     'Schneider' phone: '03/561 23 12' email: 'elizabeth at something.at
> >     <mailto:elizabeth at something.at>').
> >
> >     debugger:
> >     MessageNotUnderstood: ByteString: >>parent:
> >
> >     addAddress: aDemoAddress
> >
> >                self addresses add: aDemoAddress.
> >               aDemoAddress parent: self
> >
> >     aDemoAddress:     'sebastjan at something.si
> >     <mailto:sebastjan at something.si>'
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > Ching
> >
> >
> >
> > _______________________________________________
> > Aida mailing list
> > Aida at aidaweb.si
> > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>
> --
> Janko Miv?ek
> AIDA/Web
> Smalltalk Web Application Server
> http://www.aidaweb.si
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2011 17:55:05 +0800
> From: Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com>
> Subject: [aida] call/answer
> To: aida at aidaweb.si
> Message-ID:
>        <AANLkTimrjP+p-1wcAOz6+sVPgwOM2R1BJhCHnpzzjy4A at mail.gmail.com<AANLkTimrjP%2Bp-1wcAOz6%2BsVPgwOM2R1BJhCHnpzzjy4A at mail.gmail.com>
> >
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Hi,
>
> I have tried Seaside a little bit and I find _call/answer_ a powerful
> concept. Does Aida have such a similar feature?
>
> TIA,
>
> Ching de la Serna
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110104/fd39c3a1/attachment-0001.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Aida mailing list
> Aida at aidaweb.si
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>
>
> End of Aida Digest, Vol 44, Issue 4
> ***********************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110104/8091c52d/attachment.htm 


More information about the Aida mailing list