[aida] problem running the tutorial: MessageNotUnderstood: ByteString: >>parent:

Ching de la Serna ching.dls at gmail.com
Tue Jan 4 00:46:30 CET 2011

Hi,

I am trying to follow the Tutorial and have gotten as far as running the
script on a WorkSpace. I tried removing this code from the script aDemoAddress
parent: self and there is no error message. However, the Tutorial says it is
_handy for something else later on so I don't know what to do next.

Running this *Doit *on a workspace produces an error:

book _ ADemoAddressBook new.
book
   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Sebastjan' surname: 'Dormir' phone:
'01/514 33 66' email: 'sebastjan at something.si');
   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'John' surname: 'Newton' phone:
'05/555 77 66' email: 'john at something.si');
   addAddress: (ADemoAddress newName: 'Elizabeth' surname: 'Schneider'
phone: '03/561 23 12' email: 'elizabeth at something.at').

debugger:
MessageNotUnderstood: ByteString: >>parent:

addAddress: aDemoAddress

           self addresses add: aDemoAddress.
          aDemoAddress parent: self

aDemoAddress:     'sebastjan at something.si'