[aida] Documentation, how to improve it?

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Fri Feb 25 12:27:55 CET 2011

OK - I just tried to create a Youtube account: 'AidaWeb' - but that is not available - if anyone has registered that and could let us know that would be helpful.

In the mean time I have created an account: 'AidaWebSmalltalk'. That can be changed if another name is thought to be more appropriate.

My first thoughts are that we will think of different videos for different audiences. For instance an introductory video could provide an overview and present Aida's great strengths, such as integrated ajax and the power of Smalltalk.

I was also thinking of a video for beginners which simply installed a Smalltalk image and got the example web site running. That opens the way for subsequent videos which begin to customise the web site and gradually introduce more sophisticated topics - such as using ajax and modifying javascript methods. That way new ideas are introduced with a context and a purpose.

In practise, I expect that different people would be thinking about/ developing different aspects of Aida/Web - distributed intelligence (!). :-))

Time permitting I am happy to talk - especially after the kind comments from Janko! I have not made a tutorial video before, so there will be a small learning curve - but then it should be fun.

Maybe this should go into a new thread?

Nicholas

--
Nicholas Moore

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health"