[aida] photos experiment.

Ching de la Serna ching.dls at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 17:01:55 CET 2011


Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for the help. It was stupid of me to send the message to the class
instead of the instance. The good news is that the error and my ignorance
have been corrected. Also, when running the following on the browser,

http://localhost:8888/testimage.jpg I now get a *404 Not Found Error*. Still
far from success but surely inching closer.

Ching

On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 11:44 PM, <aida-request at aidaweb.si> wrote:

> Send Aida mailing list submissions to
>        aida at aidaweb.si
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        aida-request at aidaweb.si
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        aida-owner at aidaweb.si
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of Aida digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: photos experiment (Nicholas Moore)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 16:43:47 +0100
> From: Nicholas Moore <nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> To: "AIDA/Web general discussion list" <aida at aidaweb.si>
> Message-ID: <201102161643.57882.nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
>
> Hi Ching,
>
> Where you get this:
>
> AIDASite homeDirectory.: '"
> C:\Documents and Settings\ADMIN\My
> Documents\squeak-tests-aida\aida62-test1\aida-clean62\Squeak 4.1"' and got
> the same error message: doesNotUnderstand: #homeDirectory
>
> It is because you are sending homeDirectory: to the class AIDASite rather
> than an instance,
>
> i.e (AIDASite named: 'mysite') homeDirectory: .....
>
> Nicholas
>
> On Wednesday 16 Feb 2011 16:35:54 Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > Hi Janko
> >
> > Thanks for taking the time. I did as you suggested. The results are
> below:
> >
> > Hi Ching,
> > >
> >
> > I'm trying to find some time to chase your problem, but in the meantime,
> > can you try to open this jpg directly from browser.
> >
> > If you put testimage.jpg on a directory where your image started, can
> > you open it from browser directly:
> >
> >        http://localhost:8888/testimage.jpg ?
> > This does not open the jpeg file.
> >
> > If not, can you open it through File->Open file ?
> > I could open once I *unblocked *the testimage.jpg file. Windows was
> blocking
> > it the first time I tried. After I was able to do this, I tried doing the
> > above  http://localhost:8888/testimage.jpg and it would still not open.
> >
> > Also, how did you start your image, double clicking from OneClick?
> > I loaded from Monticello the three files: *Sport-2.031.mcz ,
> > Swazoo-2.3beta2.1.mcz, Aida6.2-final.1.mcz *which I downloaded separately
> I
> > use Sqeak4.1
> >
> > It could be that default .\ path doesn't point to the right directory,
> > can you change it to absolute path to your images directory:
> >
> >        AIDASite>>homeDirectory: 'c:\absolute path'
> > I evaluated :
> > AIDASite homeDirectory.: '
> > C:\Documents and Settings\ADMIN\My
> > Documents\squeak-tests-aida\aida62-test1\aida-clean62\Squeak 4.1'
> > and got an error:doesNotUnderstand: #homeDirectory
> >
> > I tried enclosing in ""
> > AIDASite homeDirectory.: '"
> > C:\Documents and Settings\ADMIN\My
> > Documents\squeak-tests-aida\aida62-test1\aida-clean62\Squeak 4.1"' and
> got
> > the same error message: doesNotUnderstand: #homeDirectory
> >
> > Also which version of Windows do you use?
> > I use Windows XP
> >
> > Hope this would help a bit
> > JAnko
> >
> > Ching
> >
> > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 10:17 PM, <aida-request at aidaweb.si> wrote:
> >
> > > Send Aida mailing list submissions to
> > >        aida at aidaweb.si
> > >
> > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > >        http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > >        aida-request at aidaweb.si
> > >
> > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > >        aida-owner at aidaweb.si
> > >
> > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > > than "Re: Contents of Aida digest..."
> > >
> > >
> > > Today's Topics:
> > >
> > >   1. Re: photos experiment (Ching de la Serna)
> > >   2. Re: photos experiment (Janko Miv?ek)
> > >   3. Re: 6.2 tests (Nicholas Moore)
> > >
> > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 1
> > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 19:27:14 +0800
> > > From: Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > To: aida at aidaweb.si
> > > Message-ID:
> > >        <AANLkTinn5csEmUjwZyAh-OHNx7+rUTDzwKKSmbA-ArQx at mail.gmail.com>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > >
> > > Hi All,
> > >
> > > I am inclined to believe that Nicholas is right about permissions.
> Windows
> > > might be blocking the jpeg file from being displayed. I changed the
> jpeg
> > > properties to "unblock" and restarted my computer. I also downloaded
> Google
> > > Chrome thinking it might be a Firefox problem. Nothing worked. I am
> ready
> > > to
> > > give up unless someone can point me in the right direction.It seems
> kind of
> > > strange though, a jpeg from another website displays with no problem
> while
> > > a
> > > local file is blocked. Strange behavior if indeed it is an OS issue.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Ching de la Serna
> > >
> > > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM, <aida-request at aidaweb.si> wrote:
> > >
> > > > Send Aida mailing list submissions to
> > > >        aida at aidaweb.si
> > > >
> > > > To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > > >        http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > > or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > > >        aida-request at aidaweb.si
> > > >
> > > > You can reach the person managing the list at
> > > >        aida-owner at aidaweb.si
> > > >
> > > > When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> > > > than "Re: Contents of Aida digest..."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Today's Topics:
> > > >
> > > >   1. photos experiment (Ching de la Serna)
> > > >   2. Re: photos experiment (Nicholas Moore)
> > > >   3. Re: photos experiment (ching)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Message: 1
> > > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:40:56 +0800
> > > > From: Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com>
> > > > Subject: [aida] photos experiment
> > > > To: aida at aidaweb.si
> > > > Message-ID:
> > > >        <AANLkTimSqkN1JK9OHU-Pvb8Lmp8n1Phwoa8jP0_PA_Hu at mail.gmail.com
> >
> > > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > > >
> > > > Hi,
> > > >
> > > > Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it difficult
> to
> > > > display photos. After failing to display images from my local disk, I
> > > > started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might lead me
> > > > somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > >
> > > > e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >
> > > > as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but the
> browser
> > > > reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code to:
> > > >
> > > > e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >
> > > > making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my directory.
> > > Reloading
> > > > the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting for
> > > > localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what it is.
> > > > Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > >
> > > > Thanks in advance.
> > > >
> > > > ching de la serna
> > > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > > URL:
> > > >
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/35e4d3ba/attachment.html
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Message: 2
> > > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:40:11 +0100
> > > > From: Nicholas Moore <nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> > > > Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > > To: "AIDA/Web general discussion list" <aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > > Message-ID: <201102160940.14642.nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> > > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
> > > >
> > > > Hi Ching,
> > > >
> > > > Are you using Linux - maybe it is an issue with permissions - does
> the
> > > > httpd user have access to the jpg file?
> > > >
> > > > On Wednesday 16 Feb 2011 02:40:56 Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > > > > Hi,
> > > > >
> > > > > Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it difficult
> to
> > > > > display photos. After failing to display images from my local disk,
> I
> > > > > started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might lead
> me
> > > > > somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > > >
> > > > > e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > > >
> > > > > as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but the
> browser
> > > > > reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code to:
> > > > >
> > > > > e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > > >
> > > > > making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my directory.
> > > > Reloading
> > > > > the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting for
> > > > > localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what it
> is.
> > > > > Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks in advance.
> > > > >
> > > > > ching de la serna
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > Nicholas Moore
> > > > Skype: tsr_nicholas
> > > >
> > > > Check out my Blog
> > > >
> > > > "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> > > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > > URL:
> > > >
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/ce4b05bf/attachment-0001.htm
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > Message: 3
> > > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:33:04 -0800 (PST)
> > > > From: ching <ching.dls at gmail.com>
> > > > Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > > To: aida at aidaweb.si
> > > > Message-ID: <1297848784165-3308440.post at n4.nabble.com>
> > > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Hi Nicholas,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > > Hi Ching,
> > > > >
> > > > > Are you using Linux - maybe it is an issue with permissions - does
> the
> > > > > httpd user have access to the jpg file?
> > > > >
> > > > > I am just using Windows and I'm not sure if I need permissions to
> use
> > > the
> > > > > jpg files in my directory. I remember displaying images using
> Seaside
> > > and
> > > > > I did not really have any problem doing it whether on my local
> machine
> > > or
> > > > > behind Apache. I am thinking of keeping everything in Smalltalk
> > > > > (Swazoo/Aida).
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks for the response,
> > > > >
> > > > > ching
> > > > >
> > > > > On Wednesday 16 Feb 2011 02:40:56 Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > > > >> Hi,
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it
> difficult to
> > > > >> display photos. After failing to display images from my local
> disk, I
> > > > >> started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might lead
> me
> > > > >> somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > > >>
> > > > >> e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but the
> > > browser
> > > > >> reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code to:
> > > > >>
> > > > >> e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my directory.
> > > > >> Reloading
> > > > >> the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting for
> > > > >> localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what it
> is.
> > > > >> Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > > >>
> > > > >> Thanks in advance.
> > > > >>
> > > > >> ching de la serna
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > > --
> > > > > Nicholas Moore
> > > > > Skype: tsr_nicholas
> > > > >
> > > > > Check out my Blog
> > > > >
> > > > > "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> > > > >
> > > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > > Aida mailing list
> > > > > Aida at aidaweb.si
> > > > > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > > --
> > > > View this message in context:
> > > > http://forum.world.st/photos-experiment-tp3308053p3308440.html
> > > > Sent from the AIDA/Web mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Aida mailing list
> > > > Aida at aidaweb.si
> > > > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > End of Aida Digest, Vol 45, Issue 10
> > > > ************************************
> > > >
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/6f6c4b7a/attachment-0001.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 2
> > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 12:40:44 +0100
> > > From: Janko Miv?ek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>
> > > Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > To: AIDA/Web general discussion list <aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > Message-ID: <4D5BB7BC.1080501 at eranova.si>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8
> > >
> > > Hi Ching,
> > >
> > > I'm trying to find some time to chase your problem, but in the
> meantime,
> > > can you try to open this jpg directly from browser.
> > >
> > > If you put testimage.jpg on a directory where your image started, can
> > > you open it from browser directly:
> > >
> > >        http://localhost:8888/testimage.jpg ?
> > >
> > > If not, can you open it through File->Open file ?
> > >
> > > Also, how did you start your image, double clicking from OneClick?
> > >
> > > It could be that default .\ path doesn't point to the right directory,
> > > can you change it to absolute path to your images directory:
> > >
> > >        AIDASite>>homeDirectory: 'c:\absolute path'
> > >
> > > Also which version of Windows do you use?
> > >
> > > Hope this would help a bit
> > > JAnko
> > >
> > > On 16. 02. 2011 12:27, Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > > > Hi All,
> > > >
> > > > I am inclined to believe that Nicholas is right about permissions.
> > > > Windows might be blocking the jpeg file from being displayed. I
> changed
> > > > the jpeg properties to "unblock" and restarted my computer. I also
> > > > downloaded Google Chrome thinking it might be a Firefox problem.
> Nothing
> > > > worked. I am ready to give up unless someone can point me in the
> right
> > > > direction.It seems kind of strange though, a jpeg from another
> website
> > > > displays with no problem while a local file is blocked. Strange
> behavior
> > > > if indeed it is an OS issue.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks,
> > > >
> > > > Ching de la Serna
> > > >
> > > > On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 7:00 PM, <aida-request at aidaweb.si
> > > > <mailto:aida-request at aidaweb.si>> wrote:
> > > >
> > > >     Send Aida mailing list submissions to
> > > >            aida at aidaweb.si <mailto:aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > >
> > > >     To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> > > >            http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > >     or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> > > >            aida-request at aidaweb.si <mailto:aida-request at aidaweb.si>
> > > >
> > > >     You can reach the person managing the list at
> > > >            aida-owner at aidaweb.si <mailto:aida-owner at aidaweb.si>
> > > >
> > > >     When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more
> specific
> > > >     than "Re: Contents of Aida digest..."
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >     Today's Topics:
> > > >
> > > >       1. photos experiment (Ching de la Serna)
> > > >       2. Re: photos experiment (Nicholas Moore)
> > > >       3. Re: photos experiment (ching)
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> > > >
> > > >     Message: 1
> > > >     Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:40:56 +0800
> > > >     From: Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com
> > > >     <mailto:ching.dls at gmail.com>>
> > > >     Subject: [aida] photos experiment
> > > >     To: aida at aidaweb.si <mailto:aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > >     Message-ID:
> > > >            <
> AANLkTimSqkN1JK9OHU-Pvb8Lmp8n1Phwoa8jP0_PA_Hu at mail.gmail.com
> > > >     <mailto:
> AANLkTimSqkN1JK9OHU-Pvb8Lmp8n1Phwoa8jP0_PA_Hu at mail.gmail.com
> > > >>
> > > >     Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
> > > >
> > > >     Hi,
> > > >
> > > >     Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it
> difficult
> > > to
> > > >     display photos. After failing to display images from my local
> disk, I
> > > >     started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might lead
> me
> > > >     somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > >
> > > >     e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >
> > > >     as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but the
> > > browser
> > > >     reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code to:
> > > >
> > > >     e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >
> > > >     making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my directory.
> > > >     Reloading
> > > >     the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting for
> > > >     localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what it
> is.
> > > >     Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > >
> > > >     Thanks in advance.
> > > >
> > > >     ching de la serna
> > > >     -------------- next part --------------
> > > >     An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > >     URL:
> > > >
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/35e4d3ba/attachment.html
> > > >
> > > >     ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > >     Message: 2
> > > >     Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 09:40:11 +0100
> > > >     From: Nicholas Moore <nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
> > > >     <mailto:nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>>
> > > >     Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > >     To: "AIDA/Web general discussion list" <aida at aidaweb.si
> > > >     <mailto:aida at aidaweb.si>>
> > > >     Message-ID: <201102160940.14642.nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
> > > >     <mailto:201102160940.14642.nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>>
> > > >     Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15"
> > > >
> > > >     Hi Ching,
> > > >
> > > >     Are you using Linux - maybe it is an issue with permissions -
> does
> > > >     the httpd user have access to the jpg file?
> > > >
> > > >     On Wednesday 16 Feb 2011 02:40:56 Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > > >     > Hi,
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it
> difficult
> > > to
> > > >     > display photos. After failing to display images from my local
> disk,
> > > I
> > > >     > started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might
> lead
> > > me
> > > >     > somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > >     >
> > > >     > e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >     >
> > > >     > as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but the
> > > >     browser
> > > >     > reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code to:
> > > >     >
> > > >     > e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >     >
> > > >     > making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my
> directory.
> > > >     Reloading
> > > >     > the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting
> for
> > > >     > localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what
> it
> > > is.
> > > >     > Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Thanks in advance.
> > > >     >
> > > >     > ching de la serna
> > > >     >
> > > >
> > > >     --
> > > >     Nicholas Moore
> > > >     Skype: tsr_nicholas
> > > >
> > > >     Check out my Blog
> > > >
> > > >     "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> > > >     -------------- next part --------------
> > > >     An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > >     URL:
> > > >
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/ce4b05bf/attachment-0001.htm
> > > >
> > > >     ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > >     Message: 3
> > > >     Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 01:33:04 -0800 (PST)
> > > >     From: ching <ching.dls at gmail.com <mailto:ching.dls at gmail.com>>
> > > >     Subject: Re: [aida] photos experiment
> > > >     To: aida at aidaweb.si <mailto:aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > >     Message-ID: <1297848784165-3308440.post at n4.nabble.com
> > > >     <mailto:1297848784165-3308440.post at n4.nabble.com>>
> > > >     Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >     Hi Nicholas,
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >     Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Hi Ching,
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Are you using Linux - maybe it is an issue with permissions -
> does
> > > the
> > > >     > httpd user have access to the jpg file?
> > > >     >
> > > >     > I am just using Windows and I'm not sure if I need permissions
> to
> > > >     use the
> > > >     > jpg files in my directory. I remember displaying images using
> > > >     Seaside and
> > > >     > I did not really have any problem doing it whether on my local
> > > >     machine or
> > > >     > behind Apache. I am thinking of keeping everything in Smalltalk
> > > >     > (Swazoo/Aida).
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Thanks for the response,
> > > >     >
> > > >     > ching
> > > >     >
> > > >     > On Wednesday 16 Feb 2011 02:40:56 Ching de la Serna wrote:
> > > >     >> Hi,
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> Aida is such an amazing web framework but I am finding it
> > > >     difficult to
> > > >     >> display photos. After failing to display images from my local
> > > disk, I
> > > >     >> started anew with a clean ver6.2 with the hope that it might
> lead
> > > me
> > > >     >> somewhere. Placing a jpeg file in my root directory, I had
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> e addImage: 'testimage.jpg' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> as it happened many times before, nothing was displayed but
> the
> > > >     browser
> > > >     >> reports "waiting or localhost....". I then changed the code
> to:
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> e addImage: '*testimages.jpg*' size: 100 at 200.
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> making it *testimages*.jpg which cannot be found in my
> directory.
> > > >     >> Reloading
> > > >     >> the page allowed the browser to finish *without *the "waiting
> for
> > > >     >> localhost.." There is something going on and I don't know what
> it
> > > is.
> > > >     >> Perhaps someone has an idea?
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> Thanks in advance.
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >> ching de la serna
> > > >     >>
> > > >     >
> > > >     > --
> > > >     > Nicholas Moore
> > > >     > Skype: tsr_nicholas
> > > >     >
> > > >     > Check out my Blog
> > > >     >
> > > >     > "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> > > >     >
> > > >     > _______________________________________________
> > > >     > Aida mailing list
> > > >     > Aida at aidaweb.si <mailto:Aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > >     > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > >     >
> > > >     >
> > > >
> > > >     --
> > > >     View this message in context:
> > > >     http://forum.world.st/photos-experiment-tp3308053p3308440.html
> > > >     Sent from the AIDA/Web mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >     ------------------------------
> > > >
> > > >     _______________________________________________
> > > >     Aida mailing list
> > > >     Aida at aidaweb.si <mailto:Aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > >     http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >     End of Aida Digest, Vol 45, Issue 10
> > > >     ************************************
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > _______________________________________________
> > > > Aida mailing list
> > > > Aida at aidaweb.si
> > > > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > >
> > > --
> > > Janko Miv?ek
> > > AIDA/Web
> > > Smalltalk Web Application Server
> > > http://www.aidaweb.si
> > >
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > Message: 3
> > > Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2011 15:16:42 +0100
> > > From: Nicholas Moore <nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> > > Subject: Re: [aida] 6.2 tests
> > > To: "AIDA/Web general discussion list" <aida at aidaweb.si>
> > > Message-ID: <201102161516.51887.nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com>
> > > Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
> > >
> > > I have tested with a vanilla VW and it works as you would expect - good
> > > news. I used several different local variations in my hosts file and
> all
> > > worked okay - returning 'aidasession/ajax'.
> > >
> > > So then I returned to my own image and retested it - but was not able
> to
> > > reproduce the error - it too returned the correct value. There must
> have
> > > been some spurious condition associated with my previous test image and
> > > perhaps earlier exceptions.
> > >
> > > Anyway, all works as expected and my sites are now live with 6.2.
> > >
> > > Nicholas
> > >
> > > On Tuesday 15 Feb 2011 14:28:54 Janko Miv?ek wrote:
> > > >
> > > > On 14. 02. 2011 21:20, Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > > > > Excellent - I had not created the route explicitly to my blog site!
> > > > > However the request subsequently failed here:
> > > > > WebSession >> printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on:
> aWebSession
> > > > > aRequest urlString = '/aidasession/ajax' ifTrue:
> > > > > because the actual request urlString is: '
> > > http://mysite/aidasession/ajax'.
> > > > > I have changed that test to:
> > > > > (aRequest urlString containsSubstring: '/aidasession/ajax')
> ifTrue:>
> > > > > and everything works as desired.
> > > >
> > > > This is interesting, from where aRequest urlString works differently
> in
> > > >  your image comparing with fresh install into vanilla VW 7.7 (for
> > > > nistance) image from Public Store. Can you try this too?
> > > >
> > > > Best regards
> > > > Janko
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > > Nicholas
> > > > >
> > > > > On Monday 14 Feb 2011 19:51:06 Janko Miv?ek wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >> Hi Nicolas,
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> On 14. 02. 2011 19:39, Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> > From the demo.html page for ajax in 6.2, when I click on 'click
> me
> > > for
> > > > >
> > > > >> > popup' I have trapped a SwazooStream. It generates a requestURI
> > > which is
> > > > >
> > > > >> > '/aidasession/ajax'.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> > On the 6.1 version the equivalent requestURI is 'demo.html' (as
> I
> > > would
> > > > >
> > > > >> > expect).
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> > Where does the '/aidasession/ajax URI come from?
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> This is major new behavior on new event framework - all Ajax and
> > > > >
> > > > >> WebSocket JSON messages go to this Url, that is, to your session,
> > > which
> > > > >
> > > > >> then find the right App and pass it the event. This Url is in
> > > JavaScript
> > > > >
> > > > >> code, see WebStyle js13Events. The Url of actual page is included
> in
> > > > >
> > > > >> this message.
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> Inspect the WebRouter (AIDASite default router) if there is a
> route to
> > > > >
> > > > >> the session manager. If you did the upgrade script, it should be
> there
> > > > >
> > > > >> already. If not, rerun that addSessionManagerRoute line.
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> In Firebug's console, do you see any error messages?
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> Hope this helps
> > > > >
> > > > >> JAnko
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> > On Monday 14 Feb 2011 11:35:21 Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> Janko,
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> After running the script that you described prior to upgrade I
> was
> > > > >
> > > > >> > able to install 6.2 cleanly without any problems - good work!
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> During testing (on VW) I came across a couple of snags:
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> 1) The method String >> replaceSpecialCharacters contains
> or:or:
> > > which
> > > > >
> > > > >> > does not work in VW (but is ok in Pharo and Squeak). I changed
> it
> > > to:
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> replaceSpecialCharacters
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> |str|
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> str := self copy.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> str do: [:ch | |ascii|
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> ascii := ch asInteger.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> ((ascii >= 65 and: [ ascii <= 90 ]) or: [
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> ( ascii >= 97 and: [ ascii <= 122 ]) or: [ch isDigit or: [ch =
> $/
> > > or:
> > > > >
> > > > >> > [ch = $.]]]])
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> ifFalse: [str replaceAll: ch with: $-]].
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> ^str
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> 2) I needed to upgrade my version of TinyMCE -
> richEditorInitScript
> > > > >
> > > > >> > has changed.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> 3) I have a problem with ajax calls. I previously used
> > > > >
> > > > >> > 'afterPostUpdate:' which is deprecated. I changed to
> > > > >
> > > > >> > 'onChangePostAndUpdate::' but that did not work (no error,
> simply
> > > > >
> > > > >> > nothing happened). I do not yet know why, I will need to do some
> > > > >
> > > > >> > debugging this week. I also found that the WebDemo ajax page did
> not
> > > > >
> > > > >> > work properly (the update and popup methods seemed to have no
> > > effect.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> Therefore I am unsure whether the problem lies in my
> implementation
> > > or
> > > > >
> > > > >> > elsewhere. I reverted to my same app using 6.1 and the WebDemo
> ajax
> > > page
> > > > >
> > > > >> > worked perfectly. If anyone else could test this and see how the
> > > demo
> > > > >
> > > > >> > app works, that would save me some time.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> By the way, I notice that WebApplication >>
> respondToAjaxRequest:
> > > is
> > > > >
> > > > >> > in the 'private-obsolete' protocol, should that be in
> > > 'private-ajax'?
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> Otherwise the new features look great, in particular I am
> looking
> > > > >
> > > > >> > forward to getting to grips with JSON.
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> Regards
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >> Nicholas
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >>
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >> >
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >>
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > >
> > > --
> > > Nicholas Moore
> > > Skype: tsr_nicholas
> > >
> > > Check out my Blog
> > >
> > > "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> > > -------------- next part --------------
> > > An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> > > URL:
> > >
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/5d913c94/attachment.htm
> > >
> > > ------------------------------
> > >
> > > _______________________________________________
> > > Aida mailing list
> > > Aida at aidaweb.si
> > > http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
> > >
> > >
> > > End of Aida Digest, Vol 45, Issue 11
> > > ************************************
> > >
> >
>
> --
> Nicholas Moore
> Skype: tsr_nicholas
>
> Check out my Blog
>
> "Still Running - that I may die in good health"
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110216/b2fbcf0f/attachment.htm
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> Aida mailing list
> Aida at aidaweb.si
> http://lists.aidaweb.si/mailman/listinfo/aida
>
>
> End of Aida Digest, Vol 45, Issue 13
> ************************************
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110217/f41f2a1a/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Aida mailing list