[aida] 6.2 tests

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Tue Feb 15 17:13:11 CET 2011


My image sits behind Apache and uses several virtual hosts - if that makes any difference.

I will be able to test later in the week. 

Nicholas

On Tuesday 15 Feb 2011 14:28:54 Janko Mivšek wrote:
> 
> On 14. 02. 2011 21:20, Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > Excellent - I had not created the route explicitly to my blog site!
> > However the request subsequently failed here:
> > WebSession >> printHTMLPageOn: aStream for: aRequest on: aWebSession
> > aRequest urlString = '/aidasession/ajax' ifTrue:
> > because the actual request urlString is: 'http://mysite/aidasession/ajax'.
> > I have changed that test to:
> > (aRequest urlString containsSubstring: '/aidasession/ajax') ifTrue:> 
> > and everything works as desired.
> 
> This is interesting, from where aRequest urlString works differently in
>  your image comparing with fresh install into vanilla VW 7.7 (for
> nistance) image from Public Store. Can you try this too?
> 
> Best regards
> Janko
> 
> 
> 
> > Nicholas
> > 
> > On Monday 14 Feb 2011 19:51:06 Janko Mivšek wrote:
> > 
> >> Hi Nicolas,
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> On 14. 02. 2011 19:39, Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> > From the demo.html page for ajax in 6.2, when I click on 'click me for
> > 
> >> > popup' I have trapped a SwazooStream. It generates a requestURI which is
> > 
> >> > '/aidasession/ajax'.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> > On the 6.1 version the equivalent requestURI is 'demo.html' (as I would
> > 
> >> > expect).
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> > Where does the '/aidasession/ajax URI come from?
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> This is major new behavior on new event framework - all Ajax and
> > 
> >> WebSocket JSON messages go to this Url, that is, to your session, which
> > 
> >> then find the right App and pass it the event. This Url is in JavaScript
> > 
> >> code, see WebStyle js13Events. The Url of actual page is included in
> > 
> >> this message.
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> Inspect the WebRouter (AIDASite default router) if there is a route to
> > 
> >> the session manager. If you did the upgrade script, it should be there
> > 
> >> already. If not, rerun that addSessionManagerRoute line.
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> In Firebug's console, do you see any error messages?
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> Hope this helps
> > 
> >> JAnko
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> > On Monday 14 Feb 2011 11:35:21 Nicholas Moore wrote:
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> Janko,
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> After running the script that you described prior to upgrade I was
> > 
> >> > able to install 6.2 cleanly without any problems - good work!
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> During testing (on VW) I came across a couple of snags:
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> 1) The method String >> replaceSpecialCharacters contains or:or: which
> > 
> >> > does not work in VW (but is ok in Pharo and Squeak). I changed it to:
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> replaceSpecialCharacters
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> |str|
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> str := self copy.
> > 
> >> >
> >  
> >> >> str do: [:ch | |ascii|
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> ascii := ch asInteger.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> ((ascii >= 65 and: [ ascii <= 90 ]) or: [
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> ( ascii >= 97 and: [ ascii <= 122 ]) or: [ch isDigit or: [ch = $/ or:
> > 
> >> > [ch = $.]]]])
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> ifFalse: [str replaceAll: ch with: $-]].
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> ^str
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> 2) I needed to upgrade my version of TinyMCE - richEditorInitScript
> > 
> >> > has changed.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> 3) I have a problem with ajax calls. I previously used
> > 
> >> > 'afterPostUpdate:' which is deprecated. I changed to
> > 
> >> > 'onChangePostAndUpdate::' but that did not work (no error, simply
> > 
> >> > nothing happened). I do not yet know why, I will need to do some
> > 
> >> > debugging this week. I also found that the WebDemo ajax page did not
> > 
> >> > work properly (the update and popup methods seemed to have no effect.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> Therefore I am unsure whether the problem lies in my implementation or
> > 
> >> > elsewhere. I reverted to my same app using 6.1 and the WebDemo ajax page
> > 
> >> > worked perfectly. If anyone else could test this and see how the demo
> > 
> >> > app works, that would save me some time.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> By the way, I notice that WebApplication >> respondToAjaxRequest: is
> > 
> >> > in the 'private-obsolete' protocol, should that be in 'private-ajax'?
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> Otherwise the new features look great, in particular I am looking
> > 
> >> > forward to getting to grips with JSON.
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> Regards
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >> Nicholas
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >>
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >> >
> > 
> >>
> > 
> >>
> > 
> > 
> 
> 

-- 
Nicholas Moore

Check out my Blog

"Still Running - that I may die in good health" 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://lists.aidaweb.si/pipermail/aida/attachments/20110215/ceb1b64f/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Aida mailing list