[aida] displaying photos or images

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu Feb 10 17:54:45 CET 2011

Hi Ching,

CdlS> I would like to add photographs or images to my page and I have this:

CdlS>             e addImage: 'photos\pap.jpg';

not really sure but I believe, this defaults to a methodImage (a
method returning a ByteArray containing the contents of the image).

For small resources WebMethodResources are a cool thing because they
are versioned with Monticello.

See e.g. the comment in WebStyle>>importImage:from:

CdlS> There are no errors but no photos are displayed either. The browser says
CdlS> "Waiting for localhost"

I seem to remember this behaviour too.

CdlS> What is the proper way to display photos in Aida?

When I wanted to display images I used:
'file:///GobiBild001.jpg'
where the images where in the same folder as the Smalltalk image. So
it should be 'file://photos/pap.jpg' in your case.

CdlS> Ching de la Serna

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net