[aida] [ANN] 6.2beta2: new event framework, snapshot every hour, ...

Friedrich Dominicus frido at q-software-solutions.de
Tue Feb 8 18:22:52 CET 2011

Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si> writes:

> On 08. 02. 2011 14:10, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:
>
>>> Please test it as fast as possible, because I'd like to release the
>>> final 6.2 this week already.
>
>>> As always the Release notes with most important new features highlighted
>>> are available at: http://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.2
>
>> how to install proper. If try it did miss a few methods from
>> SwazooServer...
>
> On Pharo it is simple, just run this script:
>
> Gofer new
>     squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
>     package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
>     load.
>
>   ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.2') load
Sorry that does not work without problems in Pharo 1.1. I had to
download the  SwazooServer independently and install it. After that I
got it running (in principle)

> Note that to update an existing Aida you need to manually do some
> migrations. Anyone need that?
I did that and I think there must be painless upgrade pathes for longer
lasting applications. You can not just "start" a new every time. So you
need at least some way to dump stuff and reload it. If one will use
Gemstone, then this probably will be "even" more important. Because the
users are "used" to some migration pathes...

Regards
Friedrich