[aida] [ANN] 6.2beta2: new event framework, snapshot every hour, ...

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Feb 8 18:04:39 CET 2011

On 08. 02. 2011 14:10, Friedrich Dominicus wrote:

>> Please test it as fast as possible, because I'd like to release the
>> final 6.2 this week already.

>> As always the Release notes with most important new features highlighted
>> are available at: http://www.aidaweb.si/release-notes-6.2

> how to install proper. If try it did miss a few methods from
> SwazooServer...

On Pharo it is simple, just run this script:

Gofer new
    squeaksource: 'MetacelloRepository';
    package: 'ConfigurationOfAida';
    load.

  ((Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfAida) project version: '6.2') load

On Squeak you manually load in that order:

  http://www.squeaksource.com/SPort/Sport-2.031.mcz
  http://www.squeaksource.com/Swazoo/Swazoo-2.3beta1.3.mcz
  http://www.squeaksource.com/Aida/Aida6.2-beta2.3.mcz

Note that to update an existing Aida you need to manually do some
migrations. Anyone need that?