[aida] Screencasts about Aida/Web on Smalltalk 4 U

Offray Vladimir Luna Cárdenas offray at riseup.net
Fri Aug 19 20:37:21 CEST 2011

Hi all,

El 19/08/11 08:56, Janko Mivšek escribió:
> Hello everyone,
>
> After Nicholas Moore did a nice video we have on the first page of our
> website, now James Robertson starts producing Aida screencasts as part
> of his short video tutorials named Smalltalk 4 U:
>
> 	Smalltalk 4 U
> 	http://www.jarober.com/blog/st4u.ssp
>
> There is a special section for Aida:
>
> 	Smalltalk 4 U: AidaWeb
> 	http://www.jarober.com/blog/blogView?content=st4u_aida
>
> Where you can find two screencasts already and James promises them more.
> Those two so far are:
>
> 	ST 4U 119: Getting Started with AidaWeb in Pharo
> 	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgA8o2fCwYU
>
> 	ST 4U 122: Hello World in AidaWeb
> 	http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O3BjhNH03E
>
> So, slowly we are collecting more and more about Aida and I hope this
> will help the people know Aida better.
>
> Best regards
> Janko

They're really, really nice and I hope to have more documentation like
that. Now that we have the ToDo app and more videos we need to construct
something like the "Dynamic Web Development with Seaside" (DWDS) or the
HPI Seaside Tutorial, but for Aida. Having this kind of comprehensive
documentation is the next step to making Aida really more known. I'm
still to newbie about Smalltalk or Web Development or Seaside/Aida to
help with this task, but something that helped a lot "bootstrapping" the
understanding and popularity of Pharo was the Pharo By Example book that
was and adaptation of the Squeak By Example book, using the rights of
the liberal creative commons license of the last one. The two books I
mention about Seaside are under a pretty much liberal license (well not
so liberal because they forbid commercial uses, but may be they can be
the model for proper documentation for Aida or may be someone here can
talk with author of the DWDS to know if is possible to use the
adaptation for Aida under a more liberal license (for example a
CC-By-SA, that enables commercial uses).

Just more ideas... when I made myself not so newbie with all I hope to
help more.

Cheers,

Offray