[aida] Deploying application to server

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Mon Aug 8 20:36:58 CEST 2011

S, Martin Polák piše:

>> On VisualWorks Swazoo works great as a standalone web server while on
>> Pharo it seems that a "Sockets not closing" [1] bug can have problems.
>> But Pharo guys are aware of it and hopelly they will resolve it soon. I
>> also need Swazoo on Pharo working well, so cosider that problem almost
>> solved :)

> Do you mind this bug is present in Squeak too, or it is only Pharo related? Is this a big problem with real life websites?

Don't know exactly. Squeak website for instance run Swazoo for years,
but it is behind Apache, which probably care about proper closing of TCP
connections. While when you are directly on the net, many things can
happen. In any case, from the discussion on mentioned thread you can see
the promise, that problem will be solved soon. So I don't panic yet

>> What will be very nice contribution would be an article, something like
>> "Deploying Aida in the Cloud". As a blog post or as a docs page on our
>> website. What do you think?

> That's good idea. I don't have a blog, so documentation page on Aida's website should be better option. But I'm not sure, if I'm the right guy to do this :) I have very little experience with Aida now. I'll try to write something when time allows me, but I can't promise anything.

Most people have an opinion that such setup is complex, that's why your
experience of simplicity is even more important. I can open you an
account on the website to start writing when you'll have time ...

Aida/Web