[aida] Deploying application to server

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Aug 6 20:24:54 CEST 2011

Ahoj Martin,

Is the login an expected behavior? What is a stack trace of that halt?

Self halt is namely a way to raise an exception when occurs in Aida on
Squeak/Pharo, well, once we will make this better :) That is, there is
some error in your or Aida code, that it the reason for that halt and we
need a full stack to find a reason.

S, Martin Polák piše:
> Hi there,
>
> I have problem with deploying application to remote server. My application works correctly on my local machine, but when I load it via Monticello to my server and create site with these commands:
>

> name := 'pokus'.
> hostname: 'aida.nigol.cz'. "add in your DNS first!"
> ip := 'aida.nigol.cz'.
> styleClass := 'WebStyle'. "change if you provide your own subclass"
>
> AIDASite newNamed: name.
> (AIDASite named: name) host: hostname ip: ip port: 80.
> (AIDASite named: name) styleClass: styleClass.
> SwazooServer startSite: name.
>
> pokus := PAPokus new  "root domain object"
> (AIDASite named: 'mysite') addUserService: pokus named: #myPokus
> (AIDASite named: 'mysite') urlResolver defaultURL: '/pokkus.html' forObject: pokus
>

> it doesn't work as expected. After visiting site at http://aida.nigol.cz/pokus.html browser try to load http://aida.nigol.cz/admin?view=login and after that, debugger in image is fired up on halt. Is there some other magic which I'm not aware of? :)
> BTW. I'm hosting on Amazon's EC2 micro instance and everything seems to be alright including VNC access.
>
> Thanks.
> Martin

Aida/Web