[aida] Chrome and Safari did NOT find the Aida Context

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Thu May 6 15:48:07 CEST 2010

Hi Janko, Bruno

JM> Is it possible that order of two Ajax requests is in question? Namelly,
JM> for many actions two Ajax requests are sent and it is possible that they
JM> don't come in the order as they are sent. For closing a popup you have
JM> one request for close and another for update. It could be that popup
JM> context is "closed" before the other request come and that's why this
JM> error occurs.

in the "onClickDo:andUpdateMany" enhancement Alex made sure that this
cannot happen. Each Ajax request is created in the "onComplete" of the
previous request. Nonetheless I'm also experiencing problems (in FF,
IE and Opera) that the requests are handled in the wrong sequence.

My hypothesis about that is, that each request is a separate Squeak
process and AFAIK a new squeak process preemts old processes with the
same priority. But then this should only happen in Squeak.

Whatever happens: an inspector on the model shows that all aspects of
the model are updated, all the methods that update the HTML elements
get called but the Browser only shows part of the updates.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net