[aida] tested AidaWeb in upcoming Squeak 4.1 release

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Mon Mar 29 21:09:22 CEST 2010

Hi Janko,

>> There is one glitch in the tree like control flow demo.
>>
>> Playing with the popup dialogs (especially the dialog on the other
>> dialog) makes this feature disfunctional.

JM> Hm, stackable popups worked in Squeak so far but on 4.1 not anymore?
back from work ;-)

Actually I was only assuming it worked in Squeak. So I took a fresh
3.10.2 image and installed Aida.

The more detailed description is:
In Firefox 3.6.2 you can go on the Ajax demo page and click on
"Example: Popup window with Ajax content from server" (the first popup
demo). There you can click for another popup and close them one after
the other. This can be done several times.

But if the browser window is too small it looses its vertical
scrollbar (and the mouse wheel) so you can't do it several times as
the window scrolls to the top on opening the first popup. Unless you
reload the page.

With the "Example: Popup info dialog" (second popup demo) it also
works if the window is big enough but looses the scrollbar. And on
closing it, the browser shows a "request for unknown or nonexistent
context!" but no debugger in Squeak.

Same in Opera 10.51, except you can still scroll with the mouse wheel. And it
doesn't scroll up on opening the popups. The message in Opera is:
"04 Not Found
The server experienced an error while processing this request.
If this problem persists, please contact the webmaster.
Swazoo Smalltalk Web Server" .

While I'm at it:
IE 8.0.6001 looses scrollbar and mouse but doesn't scroll. But the
transparent background isn't put over the complete window. No error
message in full screen mode.

Ok so I went to aidaweb.si/demo.html (I assume VW) and it got more
confusing.

- No popup in IE, clicks just are ignored.
- No problems at all in Opera.
- No problems in FF

Seems popups generally need a bit more care.

Now back to a thorough test of my own app under 4.1.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net