[aida] We are running a special Smalltalk GSoC website!

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Mar 27 10:20:43 CET 2010

Dear all,

Maybe you are not aware yet that Aida/Web and Scribo CMS are running
this year Smalltalk Google Summer of Code website:

	http://gsoc2010.esug.org

This site is based mainly on plain Wiki pages but with a heavy use of
Scribo scriblets, which are kind of includes directly into text. For
instance, the Projects page http://gsoc2010.esug.org/projects looks in
editor like this:

   Potential projects for GSoC

   {#projectAdminScriblet}

    Here are the projects from [Ideas>ideas] in preparation for a
    final selection. Please click on project title to come to the
    project's own page, where you can find its description and soon
    more. All Mentors registered on this site have edit access to
    project pages.

   {TOC}

   Core

   [Supporting the Coral a scripting for smalltalk>coral-scripting]

   {#specsFor: 'coral-scripting'}

These texts in curly brackets are scriblets. There are special scriblets
like Table of Contents {TOC}, but on this site we are using mostly the
so called method scriblets like {#projectAdminScriblet}, which just
calls that method on the page App class (GSoCPageApp in our case). That
way it is really easy to extend a functionality of such a website.

I'll also release the additional code of that site, so that you'll be
able to see by yourself, how simple is actually to build such not so
simple site in short time (a week so far).