[aida] Where to go for Smalltalk/X help?

Jan Vrany vranyj1 at fel.cvut.cz
Mon May 18 22:54:24 CEST 2009

Hello Janko (and others)

nice to hear that you are interested in Smalltalk/X. In fact,
Smalltalk/X community is really small and well hidden. That's
a pity, because St/X is surely the best Smalltalk I've ever seen :-)

Well, there is no active mailing list. eXecpt guys recently set up
a forum for Smalltalk/X and eXpecco: http://forum.exept.de/

I'm using heavily modified Smalltalk/X distribution with several
enhancements such as SVN support (we, i.e. me and Claus plan to
integrate my changes into the mainline, but it takes some time :-)

Our improved Smalltalk/X distribution can be found at

http://smalltalk.felk.cvut.cz/projects/stx-goodies

Probably the easiest way is to install using .deb
In fact, I'm using ubuntu, so .debs are kept up-to-date.
I'm quite lazy to keep other distros (linux .tar.gz
and windows .zip up-to-date - my fail, indeed)

The site cited above also includes some informations
that might be useful. However, it's still far from ideal
state. You may use that site for bug reporting as well.
Bug reports & ideas for enhancements are welcome!
(especially for libsvn package, as there are plans to
do a general switch from CVS to SVN)

In any case, feel free to write me an email
(or contact me via jabber: janfrog at jabber.cz)

Cheers, Jan

P.S.: The AIDA install process described by Jaroslav
is ugly. Now I'm working on new build system that should
ease the deployment of St/X packages, but time...