[aida] Aida-based single page web application

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sun May 17 11:42:50 CEST 2009

Ahoj Jarda,

Well, that was something, an unexpectedly perfect event when I saw your
mail and looked at your thesis. It contains almost a book about Aida!
And so fresh and intellectually honest view on it. I must say I enjoyed
reading every line. And I learned a lot by myself about Aida. Yep,
really, a perfect mirror. I still need to look closer at your web app
but from what I saw and read so far it is a really valuable contribution
to Aida.

Thanks you a lot for all your work and I hope you'll continue in the
future too. As Herbert already said the next step would be that you,
Aleks and Herbert look together about your approaches to action blocks
(callbacks), so that we will come out with one and as best as possible
solution. I'll also look about your validation support, which is in my
mind for a while, and of course Ajax multi-element update support,
that's something we need to address soon too.

What can be helpful for you already is a new execution context support
in beta2. Also the complete isolation of Ajax requests is solved now (no
more relying on #lastRequest and lastApp), so just by porting to beta2
can solve many of problems you mentioned.

So far for now, more later...

Jaroslav Havlín pravi: