[aida] German umlauts: symbols converted to Slovene?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri May 8 21:15:43 CEST 2009


Hi Herbert,

Herbert König pravi:

> JM> I tried to reproduce your error but failed even to add ä in the code
> JM> from my keyboard on both Squeak 3.9 and VW image.
> 
> JM> Because I think this case is not so important and because of portability
> JM> issues we should rather avoid using any non ASCII text in the code, so
> JM> I'd rather close this case, but have it in mind, just in case for the
> JM> future.
> 
> you're right and I hope we didn't misunderstand each other here.
> 
> Me wanting to know did not mean you should investigate!

Well, how can I answer you at all without investigating at least a bit;)

You know, I also don't know everything about Aida from the head. More
and more I rely on the comments I put in the code. And by investigating
from the scratch.

> I'm very new to everything called Web programming so I will try
> Stefan's tips (wget the url from Aida), search my image for what I
> find there as I guess a lot of the HTML Aida produces is a literal
> somewhere in the image.

I approached to the investigation simply by trying to rename some view
to include umlauts, then rename the view method also, then I wanted to
follow the matching algorithm in WebApplication class>>viewMethofForView: .

But I think the problem starts because Aida don't utf8 encode view names
in Urls at all. This is probably the reason the view name is not correct
when come to the #viewMethodForView: .

That was just few hints, which could help...

Janko


-- 
Janko Mivšek
AIDA/Web
Smalltalk Web Application Server
http://www.aidaweb.si


More information about the Aida mailing list