[aida] German umlauts: symbols converted to Slovene?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri May 8 19:34:12 CEST 2009

Hi Stefan, Herbert,

Stefan Schmiedl pravi:
> I guess that somewhere within AIDA a method converting a string
> to UTF-8 is applied before emitting a string and it is missing
> its counterpart conversion when AIDA is digesting the external
> input.

UTF8 conversion in Aida is done only where needed, that is only for text
when you adding it with addText: and similar methods.

In this particular case the conversion was not done, except for error
message, which was then wrongly encoded.

That is at least my initial diagnosis but le me try reproducing it on my
image...