[aida] German umlauts: symbols converted to Slovene?

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Fri May 8 17:26:23 CEST 2009

Stefan,

SS> the encoding should be the one your image is using internally
SS> to store strings. so I'd expect it to be a "hidden" information
SS> not easily discovered. Please prove me wrong :-)

I'd be happy if I could as I would know much more about Squeak then.

Anyway inspecting the methodDict of the class in both images, the "ä"
is coded as Character value 228 in both images. As well in the message
name (methodDict values..) as in the literals of the compiled view method.
But then I don't know how much the tools try to help instead of
presenting the raw data.

I'll follow your other clues, the browser is Firefox 3.0.10 in both
cases.

Thanks,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net