[aida] [ANN] Aida/Web 6.0 second beta is out!

Nicholas Moore nicholas.moore at tsr-i.com
Fri May 1 11:32:42 CEST 2009

My WebGrid application works now, with the following modifications to
the changes proposed by Alex and Herbert:

WebApplication >>

respondToAjaxRequest: aRequest
    | oldElement e ajaxForm|
    ajaxForm := *aRequest context *form. ....

ajaxDoBlock: ajaxForm
    block := (ajaxForm *context* elementId: elementId)
                otherAt: blockName
                ifAbsent: [^self]. ...

WebElement >>
    viewParm := 'view=', ajaxForm view asString.
    versionParm := *'version=0'.* ....

This last change was prompted because with "version = '' ", the
javascript contained a double '&&' and the filter did not work. I do not
have versioned pages so am not able to test whether there are any
further ramifications for this change.

Nicholas

� wrote:
> Hi Nicholas,
>

> NM> The WebGrid modifications no longer work. I have not had time
> NM> toexplore yet, but I suspect it might be because of the use of
> NM> contextand block passing - we will see.
>
> I was too busy to work on it (and will be tomorrow) so earliest
> tomorrow evening on the train I can work on it. I've done the analysis
> but I believe I got a defective installation so it's not working right
> now.
>
> At least at the weekend I will give it a second try. It was obvious
> why it couldn't work but the modifications where few and
> straightforward.
>

> Cheers,
>
> Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net

*Nicholas J Moore*