[aida] Aida Single-Page component library

Nicolas Petton petton.nicolas at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 23:45:07 CEST 2009

Le lundi 29 juin 2009 à 23:38 +0200, Jaroslav Havlín a écrit :
> Hello Nicolas,
>
> > Also, how do you manage actions with your stateful elements? Are they
> > reusable? (do they have actions, or is it like other Aida applications
> > in WebApp?)
>
> Some elements contain action blocks, that are invoked when needed
> (e.g. links has blocks that are invoked after a link was clicked,
> this is probably similar in Seaside and Iliad too, but more
> sophisticated)

Could you explain how it is more sophisticated? Do you see limits in
Iliad or Seaside way of doing it?

> . Each block has simply an ID, and if a link is clicked,
> this ID
> is sent to the server.
> The action block can modify the element tree. Then, updated parts of
> the tree are detected and send to the client

So, only modified elements are sent to the client? How do you detect
modified elements?

Also, do you use AJAX requests? and if so what will happen if js is
disable?

> > The latest version Iliad needs git version of gst since Swazoo2.2 was
> > just ported to gst a few days ago.
> >
> > However the revision 1367 should work with gst 3.1.
>
> Thank you. I have used an older version of gst. I'm looking forward to
> trying Iliad.

You're welcome. I'm working on a squeak port, so Iliad could people not
familiar with gst will be able to give Iliad a try.

Cheers!

Nico