[aida] Aida Single-Page component library

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Thu Jun 25 00:22:08 CEST 2009

Hi Jarda,

Jaroslav Havlín pravi:

> Jan told me that you are going to inspect some classes that I have
> used in my project.

Yes, finally I got some time. Sorry that so late!

> The most important is class CSWebApplication, that extends
> WebApplication and includes methods for invoking callback blocks and
> detecting changes in the element tree.
> Other classes for page elements are in category CellStore-Web-Elements.
>

> I'm thinking about porting some of these classes to Squeak and about
> creating a library with Aida elements for single-page web
> applications.

This would be great!

> As the single-page components are very similar to original components,
> there should be special categories
> for them, and they should be named in compliance with a naming convention.
> For example, category Aida-SP-Components could contain class SPWebApplication.
>
> Do you think it is a good idea? What naming convention for classes and
> categories would you prefer?

This can be good for now I think. We need to get the code ASAP to study
and maybe can later improve main Aida to incorporate single page
functionality in it. Here I also have some ideas, Herbert also, then
there is Iliad approach...

My current idea is to gradually go from usual website like pages to more
single page apps, but without need for a separate support for them. Just
the extension of the current WebApp support. Well, we'll see if this is
achievable, otherwise we'll go with your approach.