[aida] WebCharts on IE

Herbert König herbertkoenig at gmx.net
Sun Jun 21 14:44:06 CEST 2009

Hi,

HK> I did this and the charts, axes and legends are drawn but the charts
HK> contents is not drawn.

all in all this seems more complicated.

- The protochart site itself says, it doesn't work on IE8 which I
verified. I get the same problems with their examples and IE8 which I
have with WebCharts examples and IE 6 + 8

- They seem not to use the latest Version of excanvas.js which seems
to have a fix for IE8.

- Depending wether it's IE6 or FF3.5 they deliver substantially
different js files, alas one of them is compressed in the sense that
it's still ASCII but all whitespace removed.

- We seem not to use prototype > 16.02 which I found as a requirement
somewhere.

I'm working on it and let you know.

BTW does anybody have a javascript prettyprinter? Having two JS files
formatted by the same program makes comparisons much easier.

Cheers,

Herbert                            mailto:herbertkoenig at gmx.net