[aida] registering trouble again!

Prashanth Hebbar hebbarp at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 13:51:28 CET 2009

Hi Janko:
I have a simple class with name, age and email as inst vars. I had a class
called MyTestObject. I have an app called MyTestObjectApp. I created an
instance of MyTestObject in myTest and passed this to #forObject:

Here's what I wanted to do.
Since in aida/web any object can be rendered, i wanted to have a quick way
of exchanging my data with the outside world which is essentially
non-smalltalk and non-technical.

Though there are easier ways to do this without SmallTalk, this was my
beginning at a grander scheme of things where everything is an object lying
in varied distributed set up. They respond to messages such as
#printYourSelfAsHtml or #AlignYaourSelfAfter..
There are many more things that are possible with this thought process.
Hence I wanted to get started with the smallest step.

I may be totally wrong though.

Regards.

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 5:29 PM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>wrote:

> Prashanth, please provide us more info. What text class you created,
> what do you try to register?
>
> Register just root object of your model and this object shall be
> permanent, that is, it should stay in your image. This will the best way.
>
> Best regards
> Janko
>
> Prashanth Hebbar pravi:
>  > Hi:
> > Everything was working fine. Today I created a text class and i got an
> > error with registering. A debugger walkthrough shows that
> > #defaultURL:forObject:
> >
> > is where the error is.
> >
> > Please help.
> >
> > Regards.