[aida] Re usable Components in Seaside & Aida

Sébastien Audier icarna at msn.com
Sat Jan 31 01:03:25 CET 2009

Hello everyone,I didn't post yet to this list, but I'm using AIDA since a while now, I just saw that nico mentioned me as his "colleague" :)> Is it necessary for components to use Ajax, rather than to simply refresh or> update the page (I'm still somewhat uneasy about Ajax, and usually prefer to> design sites without it if possible)?Aida components don't support views or actions like WebApplication does. If you really want to use components in a fully reusable way, you have to extend it, just like Nicosaid we did. Still, I don't think you really need it, because what we did is really application  specific, and for most of the cases, Aida deep Ajax support is more than enough to reuse components.Sébastien