[aida] Aida hosting (was The greatest thing...)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Jan 24 15:30:10 CET 2009

Herbert König pravi:

> EG> Does anybody know of a virtual hosting service that they have successfully run AIDA on?
>
> If you find one, please tell me. When my web app is ready I'll start
> looking for something like seaside has with seasidehosting.st. A free
> or cheap hosting for free web services with an option to go
> commercial if one exceeds what can be provided for free or wants a
> commercial branch of ones web app. But I'm confident in this matter.

I plan to replace my collocated server with a new one with virtual
server support. Then one virtual server can be for free Aida hosting
too. Other probably for commercial ones. What is then needed of course
is to develop and admin app for such hosting ...

New server will be there in a month or two. Admin app, well, that's
harder to tell...

But you can host your Aida based image (specially Squeak one with
in-image VNC) on any virtual server. It is even easier because you don't
need any database. All needed is ssh and VNC access to your Squeak
image. At least I think so, I never tried by myself.

Well, I lately opened an account on Amazon Elastic Cloud. Maybe we can
try hosting one Aida web app there? Anyone interested on that?

Svetovalec za informatiko
Eranova d.o.o.
Ljubljana, Slovenija
www.eranova.si