[aida] Tutorial (was The greatest thing...)

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Sat Jan 24 14:20:17 CET 2009

Hi Lorenzo,

Lorenzo Schiavina pravi:

> I am going to end the Italian translaction of the tutorial; it has had a bit
> longer because I checked the content with some students of mine that had a
> very low level of Smalltalk knowledege; so, I made a tutorial for people
> that is learning both Smalltalk and Aida.

This would be very nice to translate back to English too. A tutorial for
both Smalltalk and Aida beginners!

> It seems to me that the tutorial, as it is at present, has a loop; if you
> insert a new address, you are redirected to edit it; the edit redirect it to
> inserting and so on.
>
> Changing the actionAdd of ADemoAddressApp to :
>
> actionAdd
>
>     self observee parent addAddress: self observee.
>     self redirectTo: self observee parent view: #main
>
> it seems to me that all work fine.

Your one redirects back to address book, while  the original one should
redirect to the main view of address itself:

  actionAdd
     self observee parent addAddress: self observee.
     self redirectToView: #main

This should definitely work if you have #viewMain implemented as in
tutorial. I therefore don't understand from where the loop. Can you
recheck again, specially if AddressApp>>viewMain is mplemented properly?