[aida] The greatest thing since sliced bread

Eli Green eli.green at mac.com
Fri Jan 23 11:56:12 CET 2009

On Friday, January 23, 2009, at 11:45AM, "Herbert König" <herbertkoenig at gmx.net> wrote:
>Hello Eli,
>
>nice to see how the community grows!

Well, I'm still slightly nervous about deployment issues. Image-as-database makes perfect sense to me but my client knows SQL and may be more comfortable if I can persist to a RDBMS. We'll see. I'm prototyping in Smalltalk for now and will add external persistence later if I need to.

Does anybody know of a virtual hosting service that they have successfully run AIDA on?

>a bit besides your point but if you put the input form at the top of
>the list (if small enough) or at least put a link to the form at the
>top of the list your users will be grateful.

Good point. I guess it will depend on whether the form is primarily for data entry or for reviewing existing entries. I haven't checked the documentation - is it possible to make WebGrid scrollable so that always occupies a certain percentage of the available vertical space?