[aida] The greatest thing since sliced bread

Eli Green eli.green at mac.com
Thu Jan 22 22:01:45 CET 2009

Hi everybody,

I've been playing with AIDA/Web for a project and am so far very impressed. I really like the ease with which you can bind objects to form controls and the Ajax stuff seems much easier to work with than Seaside's. That plus the ability to make a RESTful site are what won me over.

I plan on having quite a few views where there will be a list of objects that don't contain many fields. At the bottom of this list will be a small form to allow people to quickly add new objects without having to load an separate view. I plan to accomplish this by having a singleton class representing all the "real" objects in our dataset and placing instance variables in views to represent new objects that are not yet live.

Is there a fundamental flaw with this plan? Does this make sense? Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks,
Eli