[aida] Default view in WebApplication

Facundo Ciccioli facundofc at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:09:14 CET 2009

Hi Janko.

Yours is a fair question. When I started doing the interface to my
model, it was only that: *one* interface to the model. Then they told
me that what I was doing should be an expert mode interface, and that
I had to build a "wizard" mode interface, all to the same model. So,
the old, expert interface remained in the main view, and I started
making the new one in a view called, surprisingly, wizard. After that,
they wanted to make the wizard interface the default page when
accessing the domain were the site is, hence I had to change the
default view to be wizard instead of main (among other things). I
could have swaped both views and made main become expert and wizard
become main, but that implied changing every link to those two views.
Besides, I thought: there *have to* be a way to change the default
view :P.

Speaking of which, I found something else that may have to be changed
in order to make changing the default view possible. It's the #view:
message in the WebLink class. It prevents setting the view if your are
setting it to 'main'. I changed that to verifying if you are trying to
set it to self app defaultView. I hope this doesn't bring any side
effects.

Salutations,
FaQ