[aida] #aidademo implementation

Prashanth Hebbar hebbarp at gmail.com
Tue Jan 20 18:56:20 CET 2009

Hello Janko:

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 11:15 PM, Janko Mivšek <janko.mivsek at eranova.si>wrote:

> Prashanth Hebbar wrote:
> >     Your model is almost a replica of that from Aida tutorial, so you
> should
> >     made it working without a problem if you followed and understood the
> >     tutorial well. So, in ANewsApp implement the same view methods as
> they
> >     are in ADemoAddressApp.
> >

> > Prashanth: Yes it is. I am able to open
> > http://localhost:8888/aidademo.html and get my viewMain. However,
> > trouble is when I am trying to link one of the items on the left nav bar
> > with addLinkTo: site aidademo text: 'Mission' view: #mission.
> > Here "aidademo" is not recognized.
>

> site aidademo? Do you have a method #aidademo implemented somewhere? in
> AIDASite?

Prashanth: no. I implemented #aidademo (just copied #demo) but still the
mission page points to demo.html. Here's the code fragment from
#navBarMainLinksElement:

> addLinkTo: self site aidademo text: 'Mission' view: #mission;

Here's the #viewMission code:

viewMission
| e |
 e := WebElement new.
 e addTextH1: 'Content Accounting & Protection Society'. e addBreak.
 e add: self missionElement.
 self pageFrameWith: e title: 'CAPS - Mission'

 and the code for aidademo:

aidademo
 ^self userServices at: #WebDemo
  ifAbsent:
   [self addUserService: WebDemo new named: #WebDemo.
   self urlResolver defaultURL: '/aidademo.html' forObject: self aidademo.
   ^self aidademo]

 I am little confused with the need to implement an aidademo method in
AIDASite. what are we referencing when we are actually executing:
(AIDASite named 'aidademo') urlResolver...

does this mean that "named:" can have anyName as value? In that case, I kept
getting an error with #styleClass:

Regards.