[aida] URL resolver and registering root objects

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Fri Jan 16 15:03:34 CET 2009

Hi Prashanth,

Prashanth Hebbar wrote:

> Your pointers definitely helps in clearing some of the conceptual
> cobwebs in my mind.
>
> Meanwhile, I was successful in getting my app done. Since I didn't know
> how to set a different port number for demoStart in Scribo one-click, I
> filed out my code and took it to Damien's web-dev image. My app worked fine!

We will clean this mess with site names in the next Scribo beta. For now
sorry to everyone have those problems.

> I am now planning to implement atleast one client project. I will
> intimate this group.

This sounds interesting. Yes please report your progress and all
troubles you will have, to help improving both Aida and docs.

> I also noticed that documentation is sparse on Aida while we get loads
> on Seaside. (I do not have anything against Seaside and admire the
> features there.) I can volunteer to consolidate some documentation. As a
> starter, I can write up my own experience as a newbie
> Aidaist/smalltalker (is that the expression).

You are very welcome. Also we can open an account on our website so that
you can improve docs in place.

Aidaist, Aider, good question, which title is better :)