[aida] AJAX periodical updater

Facundo Ciccioli facundofc at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 13:47:47 CET 2009

Hi.

I'm using #updateEverySeconds: on a WebElement and I found a problem.
I update every 3 seconds, and noticed than, after my page being opened
for a while, the browser started to suffer a serious slow down
(Firefox in this case). If I open the task manager (I'm running
Windows XP), I can see that the firefox.exe process is eating up 99
percent of the CPU. So I close the tab with my page, and everything's
back to normal. Also, if I get stubborn and leave my page open even
after everything slows down, eventually it stops updating...

So I said: maybe I'm doing everything wrong (which is *very* possible
since I'm not an AJAX nor web expert). So I went to the AIDA demo
site, and to the Ajax examples, where there is a clock that uses
#updateEverySeconds: 1. To my surprise, the same thing happened: after
a while everything slowed down. Baffled, the following thing I did was
to try the demo in Internet Explorer, to see if it was a browser
issue. Same thing happened.

I tried googleing the problem and found nothing, also tried looking in
this mail list's archives with the same luck. Does someone knows what
could be happening?

Grateful,
FaQ