[aida] New beta of Aida and Scribo?

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Wed Jan 14 14:08:50 CET 2009

Hi guys,

nico wrote:
> We could also use Pharo for the next one click image :)

>> We are late in our plannning, the last beta of Aida 6.0 and Scribo 1.0
>> was released a while ago.
>>
>> I know Janko is working on multilingual support in Aida, but except
>> for
>> that I think that it's time to release a new beta of both Aida and
>> Scribo. Aida 6.0 is already quite stable, and Scribo has some nice
>> improvements since the last beta.
>>
>> Masashi, did you have time to improve Scribo-Persistence package?
>>
>> What do others think?

I agree, let we prepare a new beta and one-click image. But carefully,
with a lot of testing to be sure everything will go smoothly.

I see next things to be done.

1.only one site in one-click image, named 'aidaweb'. Now there is
'scribo' and this are causing a lot of confusion for those who are
following tutorial, because they create another site named 'aidademo'.

2.automatic opening and registering of all plugins to the 'aidademo'
site at the install time.

3.automatic change of Introduction text after Scribo installation. I
porpose that we put this text in instvar og WebDemo, that way it will be
changed by installations easily.

4. Scribo console open by default in image, all other things closed. But
it will be nice to have at least browser icon on the main Squeak window,
for complete Squeak beginners. Or some text how to open them from menu?

5.Pharo seems to be far enough to use it for one-click. Let we try it!