[aida] WebApplication>>session broken due to missing #printSloString missing.

Janko Mivšek janko.mivsek at eranova.si
Tue Jan 13 21:15:55 CET 2009

Hi Herbert,

What a late response to your questions, sorry! I hope I'm not too late
with answers ...

Herbert König wrote:

> in search of of documentation I'm reading the list archives and try
> out interesting things I find.
> In doing that I fond:
> WebApplication>>session broken due to missing #printSloString missing.
>
> Could be replaced by #printString I guess but what would
> #printSloString do different?

Yes it could be.

Slo in those methods means that are to support Slovenian language and
there are many such methods still in the code. Remember that Aida was
born in 96, when there were no traces of any i8n support in Smalltalks.
Well, now there is, but incompatible among Smalltalks. And because I
wrote and still write most web apps for Slovenian market, those methods
helped me a lot.

Yes, we need to replace them gradually to something better ...

> BTW in browsing code I find some unknown classes referenced. I'll
> report if any of these cause problems. Otherwise Aida feels good and
> hopefully I will soon start building something on it.

Nice to hear that :)  Yes, if somenone can do analysis of unknown
references, we can clean them up.

> You'll notice, as I will have questions :-)

Just continue!